• Breaking News

    Friday, March 29, 2019

    ATLAS I see you..i see you! 3 regions in EU - PvE are occupied by a dev and being tested it seems

    ATLAS I see you..i see you! 3 regions in EU - PvE are occupied by a dev and being tested it seems


    I see you..i see you! 3 regions in EU - PvE are occupied by a dev and being tested it seems

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 12:48 AM PDT

    Anti-Tame Tower | How To Defend Against Cannon Bears

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 12:30 PM PDT

    Idea to make breeding less of a pain

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 04:26 AM PDT

    So, everyone who tried breeding knows you cant leave your baby for long or it dies. mostly because of to warm or to cold.

    Adults dont have this problem.

    Every baby slowly gains the stats of his parents, health, food, weight. why not add temperature to this list? the older the baby gets, the less does temperature harm them.

    so lets take some numbers. Bear babys are fine from 4 - 19 Celcius (i think). so when they reach juvenile they should be fine from lets say 0 - 23 Celcius. same when they get adolescent, gives them -5 - 30 Celcius.

    so you just have to watch them in their early stages closely. the older they get, the longer you can leave them alone.

    if you plan on adding something else to care for babys (like an incubator) you can skip this :)

    submitted by /u/Tamelon
    [link] [comments]

    Galleon Deck Insights

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 02:23 PM PDT

    I am using the 6x period as an excuse to continue iterating on improving my Galleon designs.

    I *see* lots of abandoned Galleons out there, and a few designs are inspiring, but it is usually hard to tell what they have going on beneath the decks, so I wanted to share a couple insights.

    I should preface that I play on PVE, and use my Galleon as a mobile HQ for my small company, who spends alot of time fighting SoTDs in squads, and exploring new places while looking for treasure maps. I am willing to sacrifice a bit of weight for style, but not alot.

    Insights:

    • When you place all six decks, the entire ship becomes a weird combination of claustrophobic and sparse. I hated it immediately. You can't place anything good below decks, no large animals, no forges, no looms (at least not without placing them in really awful constrained areas. For this reason, I started removing extraneous decks.
    • The bottom deck has no purpose. It is devoid of gunports, and IMHO is just 120kg wasted. I removed this deck.
    • The second deck up is excellent, has more gunports than any other deck, and has relatively few holes that have to be filled with weight-adding ceiling tiles.
    • The third deck up (from the bottom) has associated gunports, but not as many as the second deck, and removing it opens up a huge cavernous area on your second deck, where you can place forges, looms and animal storage in safety from enemy fire. Doing this does require that you spend some weight to connect the front and back of the 4th deck and provide space for at least one major stairway (2 or 3 wide) leading down to it. I removed this deck.
    • The fourth deck is very usable *if* you connect the front portion with the back. And place 1 1/2 roof pieces (angled downward) leading off each side at the shallowest point. This creates a natural ramp that can be accessed with even encumbered animals from standard height docks (ones that are just two squares off the water, like drydocks).
    • The 5th deck is a joke that offers no natural holes or any way to quickly navigate down decks from the back of the ship. I removed this deck.
    • The 6th deck is a nice piece that makes an excellent scaffold for an aftcastle. I built a 2-high building atop it and placed my ship's wheel on top, then added a small platform one higher for a few aft chaser guns. It gives me a high-angle 360 degree clear view from my wheel (which is offcenter). I can use my Sextant while standing at the wheel.
    • My main complement of guns is now mounted slightly above my 4th deck, which dramatically reduces the amount I have to repair them since most NPC shots land in the 3rd deck's gunport level when broadsiding.
    • ALL of my interior spaces in the ship are now 2-high, with lots of clean, navigable deck space, and makes moving around, onloading/offloading cargo, landing gliders, and just knowing where things are in emergencies dramatically easier.

    I would love to hear design inspirations or discoveries that others have made with their Galleons before we all start over again.

    submitted by /u/Sleepinator2000
    [link] [comments]

    PVE EU down ? Until wipe or only to add PTR section?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 02:22 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment