• Breaking News

    Friday, October 4, 2019

    ATLAS Why is Ark so much more successful?

    ATLAS Why is Ark so much more successful?


    Why is Ark so much more successful?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 09:11 AM PDT

    I never played Ark. Was just looking at Steam charts and saw their average player count is over 33,000.

    And I know it's a more mature game. I assume it has fewer bugs. I assume it's better balanced(?) but I'm curious because I assume the fundamentals are the same. That is, you still go out, chop trees, feed dinosaurs or whatever by hand to tame them, use the dinosaurs to chop more trees and build structures that enemies can blow up.

    In Atlas, I feel like the problem is way too much time spent farming and not enough time spent fighting. Also the land combat is garbage. Melee is awful, carbines and grenades are the meta, even tame vs tame fighting is not all that meta because of rough terrain.

    How is Ark different?

    What are those 33,000+ people doing?

    Or are they all PvE / private server types and the official PvP game is bad in Ark too?

    submitted by /u/SlamzOfPurge
    [link] [comments]

    Assertion Failed caused by aiming Carbine. Help?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 04:58 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment