• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 13, 2019

    ATLAS My dreams for atlas structures

    ATLAS My dreams for atlas structures


    My dreams for atlas structures

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 11:18 AM PDT

    Why low render distance of ships is a huge issue

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 08:50 PM PDT

    Now this has sunk a few of my ships already. I fight other boats and suddenly a big boat renders in before me and I cannot turn quickly enough to avoid getting hit. It should not be a thing that you can not see a huge ass ship coming for you at least a few mins before it will be able to reach you.

    I reacted about 3-4s late due to shit talking and looking back at another Gally that had just spawned in prior. I did not drive perfectly, but my point still stands, I should be able to see at least a super low poly outline from half a square away. This would make boat combat more frequent (as you don't have to search) and less random (as ships don't randomly spawn in on your on a course you can't dodge)

    - I'm not mad at TC. Ignore my comments about the 3 Gallys, was slightly tilted at the moment. If they want to brign 4 ships, of course that's okay to do.

    - Ignore the sail conversation, most of us know a spare sail wouldn't have saved shit there. A schooner losing it's main sail is dead almost all the time. (At that point you have to pray for the enemy to fuck up)

    - Ignore the salty comments about the mythic cannons, that wasn't the owners of the ship talking. We aren't upset about the loss of those at all

    The fight was actually going really well for us until just before that (cut because not relevant to topic discussed here) and my crew in particular doesn't mind the loss of boats. It was fun no matter how the tides would have possibly turned with the arrival of more boats. I just think it ending due to an unavoidable render & one shot move blue balled everyone else out of getting some real fight going. I'm sure sinking us would have been more fun for TC as well if it had been less random and more just outplaying us.

    Video below. Call out of Gally about 30s in. (Main view is mine driving, second in the corner is one of my bois)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXpvU_PH_vI

    submitted by /u/BIG_MEME_ATLAS
    [link] [comments]

    Did the Fps improve with the last patch (207.93)?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 04:19 AM PDT

    I logged into the game, got ready to get up and go make a coffee and realized i could already move after 10 secs of loading and after 20 seconds all the structres were loaded in.Still laggy but way better then yesterday. Anyone else ?

    submitted by /u/Hulg
    [link] [comments]

    Smaller Map Time Maybe?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 02:16 PM PDT

    Watching Digital Trauma's stream last night on how to fix the game with Dollie and Jat watching was great. A lot of good ideas were tossed around and it seems like at least a few notes got taken.

    They spoke about merging the servers in the future so that the population doesn't seem so empty, but what about shrinking the map a bit?

    I don't think more than a 8x8 cluster is necessary, obviously some game features would need to be tweaked but i'm curious how many people still like the 15x15 map with it's ultra low population density

    https://imgur.com/K7prLoz

    submitted by /u/Lumber-Jack-Sion
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment