• Breaking News

    Friday, March 20, 2020

    ATLAS After spending 19 hours yesterday dealing with breeding and hatching Razortooths, what tips and tricks have you all found that make breeding less painful?

    ATLAS After spending 19 hours yesterday dealing with breeding and hatching Razortooths, what tips and tricks have you all found that make breeding less painful?


    After spending 19 hours yesterday dealing with breeding and hatching Razortooths, what tips and tricks have you all found that make breeding less painful?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    I'd like to perhaps get a thread going on breeding, as finding information for this game can be rather difficult. With that being said, leave a comment below with any helpful tips for whatever tames you may have bred!

    Yesterday I spent my day breeding and caring for two baby razors. During that time I discovered a lot about breeding and game mechanics I was unaware of. Here's what I found:

    1. Wood is less insulated than stone. Building breeding pens out of stone will give you less fluctuations in temperature allowing you to step away from eggs in incubation and baby's for longer. (Although I wouldn't leave them unattended for too long unless imperative.)
    2. It appears that even if an animal displays the "Not correct biome for mating" text, it is still possible to breed at your current location, however, you'll have to a) wait for a major natural fluctuation in temp (hot or cold spells) or b) use fires/grills to get that temp up! (unfortunately I have yet to figure out how to majorly reduce the temp, freezers don't cut it.)
    3. For the set up I used yesterday, I had 10 campfires placed on the perimeter of a 4x3 area of wood floors. Each time the temperature fluctuated by +/- 2 degrees centigrade, I had to turn on/off a fire to keep the baby razors happy.
    4. Similarly to number 3, the actual temperature range I found online for Razortooth breeding of 30°C-42°C seems to be inaccurate or they have since changed the breeding mechanics. While the fires did help to boost temperatures inside my nursery, they didn't seem to reflect when I'd check temp in the inventory screen. For example, night time on my home island gets rather cold, around 15-18°C. During these times, I would have all 10 fires lit around the baby razors, and temperature inside would not rise. However, the babies were not "too cold" and as a result were not taking damage.

    If I think of anything else I found out while breeding yesterday I will add it in a comment below.

    Let's try and make breeding as well documented as possible! Please leave a comment below with what you've tamed and the consistencies/tricks you've found out along the way.

    Cheers! - Ollie

    submitted by /u/yobwerd
    [link] [comments]

    ATLAS Single Player - Pirates Hard Mode - EP05: Giraffe Tame?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    I made a video of what I consider the best ship on Atlas (PVE) a few weeks ago, the multi role battle brigantine. I was asked if I would do a build video for it so here it is.

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    Atlas - ALL YOUR BASE

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 03:56 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment