• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 3, 2020

    Atlas The future of single player

    Atlas The future of single player


    The future of single player

    Posted: 03 May 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    Atlas is better played online but I'm sure most of us have a save file on single player where we progress ahead faster and test out some of the cool gadgets that we have to grind for online. Single player could be great. Here's a brief wishlist I would like for single player after a few hours of play...

    NPC Overhaul

    The online portion of the game can hold a good amount of players per grid. Single player removes that so I reckon there is room to include a huge NPC structure locked to each grid. The trailer showed bustling ports with public hangings, docked ships and markets. I'd love to see this in solo play. I don't care if we can't interact with them aside from the ones we already have. I'd like to pull into a port where ships are docked, walk the docks while NPCs go about their daily activities

    Smaller Missions with rewards

    This game could use a trader to which we sell items we don't want for coin. When you're out on your travels and you come across rare items like crystal, I'd love to mine what I need, return to port and sell the rest. The same applies to animal skins or any other type of resource. I'd like the option of "do I drop this or sell it at the port?" it's great if you Role play as a trader on the seas. I've my galleon loaded with a cargo rack and yes it's a great way to store materials but I'd also like to sell it. It gives me reason to return to Port and make some coin that I could then use to buy crew or upgrades.

    Remove Ghosts ships and Army of the damned

    This is great online don't get me wrong but it just doesn't fit into single player. Replace the enemy ships with human controlled schooners, brigs, galleons and sloops with the option to board them and fight them on the decks, sinking them and taking their chest of treasure or resources. Even add in some sort of military navy that patrols the seas hunting pirates

    Bounties

    This could be started from the port. Approach a bounty board and take a contract. The only information we have is the grid number. We sail to the grid and search for the Bounty on any of the islands, they could be on land or out at sea which would then lead to a ship battle

    Farming

    This falls into the trader role. Let us take a job of getting cattle across the sea. Animals were sold everyway at this time. Add in animal pens that we can put in the hold of the ship, rack up some cows, pigs, chickens etc and get them to there new owner while keeping them alive and fed throughout the journey.

    These are all longshots and I don't think we will ever see this but it's nice to wish every now and again

    submitted by /u/ross6990
    [link] [comments]

    Betrayed by his Crew. Left alone on a dangerous Island. Revenge on his mind! The Adventures of Captain Sawyer Williams starts streaming on May 21st

    Posted: 02 May 2020 06:16 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment