• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 13, 2019

    ATLAS TC SEASON 1 MONTAGE

    ATLAS TC SEASON 1 MONTAGE


    TC SEASON 1 MONTAGE

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 11:07 PM PDT

    Maritime Quality of Life

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 12:10 PM PDT

    Let me start by saying that I love playing with the ships in ATLAS more than anything else. For all the gameplay issues in other systems, the developers clearly placed a premium on making the shipboard life fun, engaging, and as believable as possible.

    In game development there is an enormous difference between wholesale new systems and ones that simply leverage existing systems. I have seen in-game examples of sub-systems that support all the following. Most of them would simply require art support and some scripting.

    Although I am loathe to distract the developers from fixing critical gameplay issues with suggestions, I see so much low-hanging fruit to make shipboard life more enjoyable and realistic for us, as well as give even more depth to the skill trees and customization options. To wit:

    1. Boatswain or Bosun - An NPC assigned to the Ship's Resource Box, who will act as a standard repairman/sweeper (when anchored) until all the planks are fixed, and will then switch to repairing EVERYTHING ELSE. Unlocked via the Captaineering tree.
    2. Wheel Lanyard - A hotkey to lock/unlock the wheel/rudder at its current angle, even if the pilot leaves the wheel (for one-man shows, shifting sails, and large ship maneuvering). No skill requirement (this isn't rocket science from a RL perspective, we used a 3 foot rope with a loop on my boat).
    3. Chock or Bitts - A player-mountable fixture on a ship that would allow a grapnel to apply force to the ship rather than the player when anchored to a solid object (like the shore or another ship). This could be used to assist dock maneuvering of larger ships, helping tow stuck ships, and boarding actions. Unlocked via the Seamanship or perhaps Piracy tree.
    4. Ship's Compass - A heavy, placeable fixture mounted on a ship that provides a permanent heading tape to the pilot (just like sextant buff, but without the minimap). Unlocked via an advanced Sextant skill.
    5. Wind Pennant - Placeable flag, counts as .1 sail for placement purposes (to avoid spam abuse, and overtaxing the animation system). Visual indicator of wind direction when stationary. Unlocked via the Seamanship tree.
    6. Bilge Cargo - Buildable ship storage structure placeable only at snap points above the keel that has a small but noticeable reduction in weight for items placed within (like 20%). Unlocked via Seamanship or perhaps Piracy. Edit: Loaded issue, will save for another time.
    7. Thole - Snap point oar only mountable at bottom gunports (instead of a cannon) can assign an NPC to improve turn and reverse maneuvering at low speeds. Unlocked via Seamanship or Captaineering.

    Before I post these suggestions to the official forums, I thought it would be a good idea to get feedback from this community. Perhaps they are all bad ideas and not worth the distraction from main issues.

    submitted by /u/Sleepinator2000
    [link] [comments]

    Is $29 going to break you? My ATLAS review.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2019 08:01 AM PDT

    "Oh look, another guy dick riding grapeshot and posting a reddit review of this game and bitching" Yes I know there's a shit tone of reddit reviews of ATLAS, and yes I know everybody has different opinions. But out of all the reviews, comments and etc. I've seen, throughout all the positive and negative people had to say about ATLAS, I didn't see one that had what I felt about this game.

    I'm no pro or hardcore player, I'm active duty military so don't have a lot of time to play, but i do when i can. I have just a little over 600 hours in ATLAS, about 150 of those PVP and i have about 10,000 hrs. in ARK so I'm familiar with Wildcard. I was there for the horrid launch and how it went down, through all patches and updates, and still playing so I have a little idea about the game.

    When ATLAS was announced I was stoked just like everybody else, it looked like an amazing, fun and adventuresome MMO, funny as it is, as me and my roommates were watching the trailer we got glitched off our flyers in Arks Extinction and died and lost all our shit...And my roommate said "fucking ARK dude"....And I thought about it, he's right, that's ARK, that's just it, its fucking ARK. But we still played it, and shit was still broken, but we had fun. Now I knew ATLAS was going to be the same because well, it's the developers from ARK and I wasn't expecting much to not be broken. I bought ark wayyy back in early access, i think I paid like 30 bucks, and played it for years.

    And it was trash, it was straight fucking trash, but I still had fun. I still enjoyed playing the game. When I buy games I put the price to how many hours I put into that game before I've decided whether or not it was a good buy. I got my money worth from ark in the first weekend, I played it and had a blast.

    Now in atlas it took about 2 weeks, but I paid 25 dollars, 25 fucking dollars, and I've gotten more than my monies worth in it as well. I've enjoyed playing ATLAS, had and still having a absolute blast here and there with ships or base building etc., and don't get me wrong I've dealt with the glitches, bugs, crashes to, shit Sunday night my galleon I solo built and leveled to max fucking glitched into the sand and sank, I was a little pissed ya know, all that work and a issue on the games side caused it, but guess what, I thought to myself...."Fucking ATLAS"....that's it, that's ATLAS.

    It's going to have shit like that, it's going to crash and glitch your shit and destroy stuff, it sucks fuck yeah, but that's fucking ATLAS. ARK is what it is, people die and lose shit from game side problems all the time and it's not early access anymore, but that's ARK for you. Same with ATLAS. That's how it is and most likely years down the road is still going to be.

    ARK didn't get nearly the attention and action to patching and updating ATLAS has gotten from the devs, it took years for ARK to come a very, very long way from what is was. But it did, and still has a growing player base. But hey fun fact, it's still buggy and glitchy, because why? Well that's just ARK! People still play it because they enjoy it, have fun despite the problems the game still has.

    It's the same with ATLAS, I'm sorry but it's going to always be like that to, and if you honestly don't enjoy or hate the fucking $29 game, yo...get the fuck off the Twitter, get the fuck off the reddit, get the fuck off the game. Go play AAA titles. Go play those games. Because like it or not ATLAS will always be buggy glitchy and crash. It's just ATLAS. But wait, there's going to be Salty Sea Fuckers commenting on this post arguing my points, and there will be more posts over the social media of ATLAS complaining about it and bitching....

    But why are yall still here? I mean you've bitched about the launch, the updates, patches and the wipe, mannnnn....if I hated a game that much I would quit playing it a while ago, shit I wouldn't even take time out of my day to check, much less Write a shit post about it on its social media....Oh but that's right, yall CANT leave, YALL can't quit, cause your still playing the game, cause your still having fucking fun aren't you? Ya little salty sons of bitches. Everybody sees it different, I understand that. You paid $29 dollars, you want the product you bought to perform at a standard level, and I understand that.

    I'm not dick riding the dev's, to be honest I could care less about video game dev's, either I hop back on a video game and some stuff has been updated and fixed or not, whatever, cool. I don't care as long as I have fun and enjoy it. But that's me.

    The dev's aren't the best, they fucked up and will continue to do so, and will try to fix and update accordingly after, It happens. But I remember Christmas Eve, and Christmas day, those guys were at work trying to fix the game. Weekends and days into nights, they were trying to right their wrongs, they already made their money on release and could've said fuck it like ARK PARK, but they kept putting work into patches and updating the game, and they still are because they want what we saw in that first trailer, they want us to enjoy and have fun in this this game.

    And some of you salty fuckers still bash them for this and for that, hey add this or this isn't fair, you fucking gimme gimme greedy fucks. Nothing is ever good enough, always got to have more. For $29, for $29 fucking dollars some of yall act like you just bought a brand new vehicle and the motor blew up. I don't care who the fuck you are, rich or poor, people make bad buys. It happens. If you think that of ATLAS then, hey it happens.

    I also do understand that it's not the $29 but the fact of a misleading game advertisement that was shown wasn't what was presented. Nothing in life is ever shown to be 100% accurate or perfect, a lot should know that by now.

    Its early access with a new small dev team, yall really should've known a wipe was coming, yes it should've been done wayyy earlier or should've been announced 1 to 2 days prior. But hey, it's still early access.

    But some of yall thought a game with a really rough launch was going to run these exact same servers for long term? Like really lol I enjoy the fucking game, I have a blast and can manage the fuck ups because I still have fun, but everybody is different. If you don't enjoy ATLAS, then get off all of its social media, put your time and focus into something you do enjoy. Uninstall it and go play APEX

    Sorry everybody for the bad format and writing, I didn't notice it until after comments that it was messed up. Thanks!

    HARD FACTS YOU CANT ADMIT ARE TRUE:

    1: You cant quit bitching and posting on the ATLAS social media cause you love the game and want to keep playing.

    2: The dev's are good shit, you've just never played a game where the dev's actually were involved with the player base.

    3: If you took all the time it took you to make a post about ATLAS being shit or commenting on its social media, you could've gotten a part time job for 1 day and got your $29 back.

    4: Your greedy, the dev's give a inch and you try to take a mile. It's never enough, always gimme gimmie.

    5: Early access Is about what you can do to help ATALS improve, not an excuse to bitch and complain.

    6: You knew a wipe was coming, you just feel entitled that you should be able to keep your stuff because your a "better player"

    7: The game isn't dead, people stopped playing because of the wipe. Once the wipe happens the player base will skyrocket because people are taking a break from it, and it will be like playing for the first time again.

    8: You've felt excitement in epic ship battles, felt adventures as if you were there, been proud of your work, looked out over the water as your sailing and watched the sun come up over the horizon and reflect on the water and was amazed at the graphics. But still bitch and complain about small stupid shit.

    9: You've gotten a taste of the potential ATLAS has, and will keep playing or will be back again.

    submitted by /u/OnePissedOffPlayer
    [link] [comments]

    Me since the Anarchy Update....

    Posted: 13 Mar 2019 12:27 AM PDT

    Last Patch broke Atlas for me.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2019 06:19 AM PDT

    Now when I logon, the base starts rendering, and then it stops follwe by kicked and timeout message.

    I can sometimes get in if I set rendering distance to low, but still that is only sometimes. I move away further and further from any buildings and finally I can get into game, last time it took 4 times just to log in.

    This also happens on fast travel to populated places, even with render distance to low.

    This never happened before 20.31 and its rendering optimatization.

    Anyone else having this issue?

    with Low Rendering distance, the game looks horrible and sailing is dangerous as things render closer than stopping distance at full sail on a schooner.

    submitted by /u/Raciper
    [link] [comments]

    Leveling up ship with blueprints

    Posted: 13 Mar 2019 05:42 AM PDT

    So leveled my galleon to where it couldn't gain anymore experience, so kinda put my design off with my cannons because I cant get anymore crew members. I read something like of you replace common ship parts with mid to high blueprint ones, you can level your ship more?

    submitted by /u/OnePissedOffPlayer
    [link] [comments]

    Does atlas suffer from the same numbers bloat/power creep that ark did?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2019 02:47 AM PDT

    So I bought, atlas when it was first releases, but I haven't actually played it yet. I was wondering if it suffers from the same numbers bloat and power creep that ark did? I enjoyed ark, but as a "survival" game, I always thought the level of power creep in it was basically unacceptable and it frustrated me to no end. Atlas being billed as an MMO, I'm scared s going to suffer from that same problem, where creatures have 40000 freaking levels when they really only need 5-10.

    On a side note, does atlas change taming at all? I know taming was basically the point of ark, but I always thought it could have been wildly improved.

    Edit: Also, because I'm going through and reading the captain logs, but will the ISO Blackward map be put into the world? Looking at it, it looks much prettier than any of the default maps I've seen and I was just curious is wildcard was open to puttin community made maps into the world instead of them only bein private server maps.

    submitted by /u/orionox
    [link] [comments]

    EU PVP - Small Company looking for solos and small groups to Team UP (POST WIPE)

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 11:20 PM PDT

    We have 5 Pretty active players . Playing atleast 7 hours a day. We are searching for Solo players or some other small group so that we can form up a company together and control and defend an Island together after the wipe . Everyone will be equal in the company. No restrictions / Task. You can play your on game and contribute towards the company.

    REQUIREMENTS :

    1. Must speak English
    2. Must have Discord

    Interested players are requested to reply below or send me a message on Discord : UseScan#2918

    submitted by /u/UseScan
    [link] [comments]

    Numpad 8 doesnt open atlas map anymore

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 04:17 PM PDT

    I looked up the keybindings and i cant find anything. I reset to defaults and still 8 doesnt work. I gotta go hit I and click atlas map tab to view it. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/slindner1985
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment